Friday, March 14, 2008

CNN: The Most Trusted Name in News

On CNN's main page this afternoon, an article by Glenn Beck declares that Florida and Michigan should be out of luck because they broke the rules.

Glenn Beck, who is of the "if you disagree with me, you're a pussy" ilk, says that Florida and Michigan need to step up to the plate and take some personal responsibility. Never mind that Florida and Michigan aren't "persons."

But, ranting about a stupid article by Glenn Beck isn't worth my time, nor is it worth your or anyone's time to read a blog post ranting about Glenn Beck. What is really got me is the "comments" section at the bottom of the article. Go ahead; open the article up in a new tab. (For you Internet Explorer 6 users, click here, here, or here, for information on tabs) Scan through those comments... Every single one of them is positive. All of them. Now, I submitted a comment to this article six hours ago and was told that it would go through a CNN moderator before being posted online. Normally, that means that they would be checking it for vulgarity etc...

I present to you here the text of my comment, and will let you, the readers of my blog, (all both of you) judge whether it should be worthy of CNN:
OK. This is ridiculous. "They" didn't follow the rules, so "they" should be punished? Problem is, we're talking about two different "theys" here. The Democratic party leaders didn't follow the rules, so millions and millions of voters should be punished!?

Democracy is not a game, Glenn. Your article reads like Florida and Michigan committed hooking penalties and now have to sit in the penalty box.

The party leaders in Florida and Michigan wagered that this would be a close race, and that their states' votes wouldn't be decisive to the outcome. Obviously, that was an idiotic move. But it was also not their move to make. There shouldn't be any way for a few idiots to disqualify an entire state from an election.
Obviously, my comment was far inferior to the likes of:
HOW can ANYbody (of sound mind) refute this line of thinking?! Well said. Period!
or
YOU'RE ON FIRE MY MAN
KEEP IT UP
or
As a Democrat from Los Angeles, I can always count on Glenn Beck for his insightful and (mostly) bipartisan commentary. In this case, I couldnt agree more with him

That last one has to be a CNN plant. That's like saying that you're a conservative Republican, and your favorite author is Gore Vidal.


Oy. I suppose I should count my blessings though. At least it wasn't about Britney Spears and Paris Hilton.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your comment wasn't listed among the others, but I think I did see one slightly negative one posted there...

(Incidentally, something they have on their page crashes Firefox when you try to expand the comments. I had to switch to Safari...)