Monday, January 28, 2008

Creative Ethernet Wiring

So, having just moved into a new apartment, I have been working on laying out an ethernet network. I had to overcome several obstacles, not the least of which was the location of my outbound internets connection: a Verizon box in my bedroom closet, a room in which there are no electrical outlets.

Last week, I managed to get an ethernet wire going across the tops of my kitchen cabinets to my wireless access point. Today, I ran another cable into my study through, of all places, my air conditioning vents.

May I present to you a pictorial: Daniel's Apartment Ethernet Wiring or A Lesson in How to Lose All of Your Deposit Money

The Verizon box in my closet that has no power outlets

My router, with two cables heading back into the closet (the third cable goes to my server)

Heading from the closet, through the bathroom to...

...the utility room

and then above the kitchen cabinets

How did that get there?

The next cable heading into the A/C duct

The same vent from eye level

In the study, out the other side

No comments: