Monday, January 28, 2008

Jason Kidd

Rumors are flying every which way that the Mavs are interested in Jason Kidd.

For the record, I think that's really lousy idea. One scenario I've heard is a package of Terry, Harris, and parts. The other is Diop, Stackhouse, parts (maybe Terry, too).

The first trade is just silly. There's no way the Mavs would give up Devin Harris for a 34-year-old point guard. I'm not really sure that Kidd is that much better than Harris right now anyway. The second trade is somewhat more reasonable, but it would still mean Devin Harris would have to come off the bench.

Jason Kidd is a great player, but Dallas just isn't a good fit for him. He's not a huge upgrade over Harris, especially considering that Harris keeps getting better by the minute. He's certainly not worth both Harris and Terry. Terry (when he's on his game) is just as good a finisher as Nowitzki and Kidd is a notoriously bad shooter.

I think the team that makes the most sense for him is Houston. He would be a force playing with McGrady and Yao. I don't think the Rockets have the pieces to get him, though. (or at least I hope they don't)

No comments: